July Long Quiz for Practical Research 1 (ABM)
- Answer the questions that follow.
- Format: Times New Roman, 12”, justified aligned, 1.15 line spacing, normal margin, letter size bond paper.
- Answer with brevity and precision.
- Acknowledge your sources by applying the APA Style of citation.
- Do not plagiarize.
- Date of submission: August 3, 2016 (3:40PM)
- Enumerate the Types of Qualitative Research and discuss each briefly in 1-3 sentences.
- Explain the concepts you have learned about the Types of Qualitative Research by answering the following questions.
- What comes to your mind the moment you hear Qualitative Research?
- If you want to conduct a research study about your favourite restaurant in town, what method of qualitative research is appropriate for your study? Explain your choice.
- Differentiate subjectivity from objectivity.
- Explain the connection between subjectivity/objectivity and your research work.
- How is grounded theory different from other qualitative research methods?
- Is the researcher himself the data gathering instrument? Why? Why not?
- Can all research methods be used in one research study? Give reasons for your answer.
- Pretend you are the subject of a phenomenological study. How will the researcher obtain data through you?
- Given the chance to research, would you right away choose qualitative research? Give reasons for your answer.
- If you will do a qualitative research about the area in which your house is situated, what could be your research problem or topic?